I love to read. I have a constant pile of books coming and going from my local library. My guess is that if you are here, you love to read, too. On this page, I am slowly building suggested reading lists. Look for a genre you are interested, get your favorite hot beverage, and enjoy!
Running, rushing, going after the dream, guilt, empty? If any of these words describe you, then Finding Spiritual Whitespace: Awakening Your Soul to Rest by Bonnie Gray will help you to rest and recognize yourself. Click on the link above to find out more.
My small group Bible study is done for the summer. I, however, cannot stop studying the Bible. If I stop, I dry up. I get cranky. I fall into depression. I have even been known to fall into the depths of despair. Can you relate? Well, let’s not fall into the depths of despair this summer. Let’s clear the calendar, catch fireflies with our kiddos, sleep in late, and roast marshmallows. However, let’s not lag in our walk with God. Suggested books are:
- The Assurance of Our Salvation (Studies in John 17): Exploring the Depth of Jesus’ Prayer for His Own by Martyn Lloyd-Jones
- Galatians for You: For Reading, for Feeding, for Leading (God’s Word for You) by Timothy Keller
- Romans 1-7 For You: For reading, for feeding, for leading (God’s Word For You – Romans Series) by Timothy Keller
- Whispers of Hope: 10 Weeks of Devotional Prayer by Beth Moore
- The Knowledge of the Holy: The Attributes of God: Their Meaning in the Christian Life by A.W. Tozer
It bolsters my faith to read about how other people have spread the gospel. In honor of my church’s mission conference, I am suggesting some books that I have read over the past year about missions.
- No Less Than Yes: Personal Encounters With The Promises of God by Connie Patty
- Winter Road by Andy Frecka
- Available: Any Bush Will Do by Doris Ekblad-Olson
- From Jerusalem to Irian Jaya: A Biographical History of Christian Missions by Ruth A. Tucker
Other books that shaped my walk with Jesus: